JEWISH PROMISED LAND TOUR I
Jewish Group Tour to Israel
HOLY LAND GROUP TOUR OF 10 OR MORE PASSENGERS
- 11 Days / 9 Nights Fully Escorted Group Tour of Israel
- Focus on Jewish Heritage and Jewish Sites
- Ideal for those who are of Jewish faith
- Breakfast daily
- Dinner daily
- One Lunch in the Dead Sea
- *1 Tour Conductor for every 15 passengers travels free (i.e., 16th passenger will be free sharing twin room).
- Optional Bar/Bat Mitzvah Ceremony
- English or Hebrew Speaking Tour
- Tour Guides for this Tour are certified by the Israeli Ministry of Tourism
No added fees for credit card payment .
Ideal Tour for
11 Day Tour
Day 1 - THURSDAY
Departure from North American or other International Gateway
Day 2 - FRIDAY
Welcome to Israel! Upon arrival into Ben Gurion International Airport, you are met and assisted by our airport representative and transferred to your hotel in Tel Aviv for overnight.
Day 3 - SATURDAY
At leisure Overnight Tel-Aviv.
Day 4 - SUNDAY
Caesarea / Haifa / Acre / Rosh Hanikra
Drive north to Caesarea, once the Roman capital of the region. See the excavations of the crusaders' city, the aqueduct and amphitheatre which has been restored as a concert venue. Proceed to Haifa for a panoramic view from Mount Carmel and visit “AF AL PI CHEN”, the naval museum of the illegal immigration to Israel at the time of the British mandate. Drive to Acre; walk along the old harbour and local market; Continue to the northernmost point of Israel at Rosh Hanikra. Descend by cable into the limestone grottoes.
Overnight at a Kibbutz guesthouse.
Day 5 - MONDAY
Safed / Tel Facher / Banias / Tel Hai
Drive to Safed, center of the Kaballa movement; visit the Joseph Caro and the Ha’Ari synagogues, the most important synagogues in the city; stroll around the Artist’s quarter. Enjoy a Jeep tour at the foot of the Golan. Continue to the Golan Heights; stop at an observation point over the city of Kuneitra and the Syrian territory. Stop at Tel Facher, a former Syrian army camp; visit the Banias springs. Next, a visit to Tel-Hai; see the “Roaring Lion” monument and learn about the heroic battle of Josef Trumpeldor and his comrades in 1920.
Overnight at a Kibbutz guesthouse.
Day 6 - TUESDAY
Beit Shean / Beit Alpha / Gan Hashlosha / Jerusalem
Drive to Tiberias to visit Rambam’s grave; proceed to Beit Shean, also called "Scythopolis", the biggest archeological park in Israel with beautiful excavations from the Roman and Byzantine periods. Stop at Beit Alpha to see the beautiful mosaic floor of a synagogue from the Byzantine period. Onto Gan Hashlosha, (Sachne) where you will have an opportunity to enjoy the water springs located at the foot of the Gilboa mountain, the famous mountain on which King Saul was killed in the battle against the Philistines. Continue via the Jordan valley to Jerusalem with a stop at Mount Scopus for a blessing as you enter the city.
Overnight in Jerusalem.
Day 7 - WEDNESDAY
Jerusalem: Old City
Tour the old city of Jerusalem. Start with a visit of the Tomb of King David on Mount Zion. Walk along the Cardo, the ancient Roman road; visit the four Sephardic synagogues restored after the 1967 war in the Jewish quarter. Tour the Western Wall Tunnels; visit Davidson center and walk through the Roman Cardo to the local Arab bazaar. Walk through Jaffa gate to David’s Tower museum and see the ancient remains of the city beginning with the first Temple period.
Overnight in Jerusalem
Day 8 - THURSDAY
Jerusalem: New City
Depart the hotel and arrive to the Western Wall in the old city of Jerusalem.
*Optional: Celebrate the Bar/Bat-Mitzvah ceremonies at the kotel.
Continue to Mea Shearim and learn about the unique lifestyle of the ultra orthodox communities. Drive by the Knesset, Israel’s parliament and see the Menorah with the biblical emblems. Next visit the Israel Museum, the Shrine of the book where the Dead Sea scrolls are housed, and the new holy land model – a miniature replica of Jerusalem as it was during the second temple period. Drive to mount Hertzel, the military cemetery and Yad Vashem, the memorial to the Holocaust. Visit the ammunition hill, a former Jordanian army stronghold, conquered by the Israeli army in the Six Day War, and converted into a national memorial site and museum, Overnight Jerusalem.
* Optional: For families who wish to celebrate a Bar/Bat Mitzvah ceremony at the Wall. This will be a perfect opportunity, while the rest of the group will tour Mea Shearim, arrangements will be made at the Wall with a Rabbi. At the end of the service, you will be transferred from the Western Wall area to meet the group at the entrance of the Israel Museum. For prices for this special option, see bellow.
Day 9 - FRIDAY
Qumran / Massada / Dead Sea
Drive through the Judean Desert to the Dead Sea. Stop at Qumran, the site where the Dead Sea scrolls were found. Continue to Massada, ascend by cable car and tour the ancient fortress; visit the remains of the walls, palaces, synagogue, the bathhouses etc. Descend by cable car. Next stop for lunch and Spa facilities in one of the leading hotels in the area.
Overnight in Jerusalem.
Day 10 - SATURDAY
At leisure. Overnight in Jerusalem.
Day 11 - SUNDAY
Jerusalem / Ben Gurion Airport
Transfer to Ben-Gurion airport for departure.
The above program can be extended and tailor-made for groups.
To receive special group rates and discounts, please contact our groups department at USA/CAN 1 800 933 4421 or International / local tel 01 1 323 655 6121.
|Number of Passengers||Number of Passenger(s) Travel Free*|
*1 Tour Conductor for every 15 passengers free(i.e., 16th passenger will be free sharing twin room). Applies to land package only, airfare not included.
- Tour Guides for this Israel Tour are certified by the Israeli Ministry of Tourism
Included services in our tour rates:
- Private transfer from Ben Gurion Airport to your Hotel in Tel Aviv and from the Hotel in Jerusalem to the Airport.
- Meeting point on arrival at the Steimatzky bookstore at the Main Arrival Hall at the Ben Gurion International Airport.
- 6 Full day touring with all entrance fees and attraction as per the above itinerary.
- 9 nights accommodation on bed and breakfast basis at the hotels as mentioned above.
- Meal arrangements: Half Board (including full Israeli buffet breakfast and set menu dinners at hotels daily).
- Lunch and swim at a Dead Sea spa hotel.
- Deluxe air-conditioned motor coach.
- 1 Tour Conductor for every 15 passengers (i.e., 16th passenger will be free sharing twin room).
- No added fees for credit card payment .
Bar Mitzvah Service
Rabbi’s fee for one Bar/Bat Mitzvah participant is from 550 USD. Contact us for more details.
The rate includes: Correspondence with family by the Rabbi, meeting in Jerusalem by the Rabbi prior to the ceremony, officiating at service, use of prayer pamphlets and Rabbi’s personal Torah scroll, Rabbi’s transportation, and including Bar/Bat Mitzvah certificate from the Ministry of Tourism. Reform and Conservative ceremonies will be officiated at the Southern Wall area. To the above rate, please add for the transfer, from the Western Wall Plaza to the Israel Museum $10 per taxi (4 passengers per taxi).
Not included services in our tour rates:
1. Tips to guide/driver and Hotel staff.
2. Lunches en route on sightseeing days.
3. Treatments at the Dead Sea Spa.
Tips during your tour: It is important to consider your Tour Guides and Drivers work very hard to make your tour an experience of a lifetime, and most of their annual income comes from the generosity of those they are serving during the tours. It is recommended that tour guides are given at least $5.00 per touring day per person, and drivers are given at least $3.00 per touring day per person. Please consider also hotel staff during your stay, and other staff that will support you during your tour.