Abu-Simbel Day Tour
Tour duration: 1 day
Tour operates: daily
Prepare to be blown away by the magnificence of these massive temples. They are undisputedly one of the world's most breathtaking monuments, and Egypt’s second most visited touristic site. The relocation of the temples was a historic event in the 1960's. At that time, the temples were threatened by submersion in Lake Nasser when the High Dam was constructed. The Egyptian government with the support of UNESCO launched a world wide appeal to save these colossal landmarks. They were successfully dismantled and relocated to a spot 60 meters above the cliff where they had been initially built. The more famous of the two temples is dedicated to Ramses II and the smaller one to his favourite wife Nefertari.Itinerary
Our representatives will pick you up from your Nile cruise/hotel and transfer you to Aswan airport for your domestic flight to Abu-Simbel. Fly by Egypt Air to Abu Simbel (by plane option only) where you’ll be met and assisted. We’ll begin our touring day with a visit to Abu Simbel's Temples, the great sun temple of Ramses II and the temple of Queen Nefertari, UNESCO's World Heritage Sites known as the "Nubian Monuments." Both temples were discovered in 1813 almost completely covered by sand. In the 1960's the temples were moved by the Egyptian government with help from UNESCO to avoid being covered by the rising waters of Lake Nasser. Ramses II built the temples to honor himself, and here you’ll find impressive well preserved murals depicting his famous victory at the battle of Qadesh where Ramses II army defeated his enemies. North of the temple we’ll visit the Nefertrai Temple honoring Ramses II favorite wife and Queen Nefertai among other 200 wives and concubines. After at approximately 12:00 we’ll transfer to Abu Simbel airport for your flight back to Aswan where you’ll be met and assisted by our representatives for your transfer back to your hotel or Nile cruise.
- Pick up from Hotel/Cruise is approximately between 8:00am
- We recommend comfortable walking shoes.
- As per any travel destination-never leave your valuable belongings unattended in tour vehicles or during your tour.
Per person from Aswan —by plane.
Per person from Aswan —by motor coach. By motor coach does not include domestic airfare.
Prices advertised are land package prices and are per person based in double in U.S. dollars and inclusive of taxes.Included
1. Meet & assistance at your cruise/hotel for pick-up.
2. Round trip domestic Egypt air fare Aswan Abu-Simbel Aswan (by plane option only).
3. Deluxe air-conditioned motor coach bus/van (minimum 2 passengers).
4. Professional government certified English speaking Tour Guide.
5. Entrance fees as per Abu-Simbel Tour itinerary.
6. One day sightseeing as per program.
7. No added fees for credit card payment.
- Aswan on the northern end of the First Cataract and marking the country’s ancient southern frontier, Aswan has always been of great strategic importance.
- Abu-Simble the very small village lies 173 mi south of Aswan.
- Abu-Simbel's Temples, UNESCO's World Heritage Site and temples constructed by the famous Pharaoh Ramses II.
Not included services in our tour rates:
1. Tips to guide/driver and hotel/restaurant staff.
2. Personal extras or meals not mentioned above.