Alexandria Day Tour
Tour duration: 1 day
Tour operates: daily
Famous for being called the "Pearl of the Mediterranean,” the captivating Alexandria will fascinate you with its mix of history and modernity. Alexandria offers Mediterranean ambience and old European residence houses, combined with old cafes and Greco Roman monuments. The Catacombs of Kom el-Shouqafa, the world famous Library of Alexandria, and the city’s vibrant arts scene make the city a great sightseeing destination. The history of Alexandria dates back to the city's founding, by Alexander the Great, in 331 BC. Yet, before that, there were some big port cities just east of Alexandria.Itinerary
After breakfast your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel for a sightseeing tour of Alexandria. We’ll drive to Alexandria by luxury air-conditioned motor coach and upon our arrival visit Pompey's Pillar. This monument was constructed in honor of the Emperor Diocletian at the end of the 4th century. Originally from the temple of the Serapis, it was once a magnificent structure rivaling the Soma and the Caesarean. Then we drive to visit the Catacombs of Kom el-Shoqafa which are the largest Roman Cemetery consisting of three levels cut in the rock. Take time for lunch at a local restaurant in Alexandria and after proceed to visit the famous Ancient Library of Alexandria, followed by visit Montazah Palace and its gardens. Upon completing our touring day we'll drive back to your hotel in Cairo approximately at 4:30 pm.
- Pick up from Cairo Hotels is approximately between 6:30am
- We recommend comfortable walking shoes.
- As per any travel destination-never leave your valuable belongings unattended in tour vehicles or during your tour.
Per person from Cairo.
Prices advertised are land package prices and are per person in U.S. dollars and inclusive of taxes.Included
1. Meet & assistance at your hotel for pick-up.
2. Deluxe air-conditioned motor coach bus/van.
3. Professional government certified English speaking Tour Guide.
4. Entrance fees as per Alexandria Tour itinerary.
5. One day sightseeing as per program.
6. No added fees for credit card payment.
- Alexandria, The second largest city in Egypt, Alexandria has an atmosphere that is more Mediterranean than Middle Eastern with ambience and cultural heritage distance it from the rest of the country although it is actually only 139 mi. from Cairo.
- Catacombs of Kom el-Shoqafa is a historical archaeological site and is considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages. Archeologists believe that the Catacomb of Kom el Shoqafa began in the 2nd century AD and was used to intern the dead for the next 200 years. This was a period in the history of the city when there was a great mixing of different cultures.
- The Royal or Ancient Library of Alexandria, in Alexandria, Egypt, was one of the largest and most significant libraries of the ancient world. The library is famous for having been burned down, resulting in the loss of many scrolls and books; its destruction has become a symbol for the loss of cultural knowledge.
- The Montazah Palace, a beautiful palace and gardens with a mixture of Turkish, Italian Florentine style and design with its two towers.
Not included services in our tour rates:
1. Tips to guide/driver and hotel/restaurant staff.
2. Personal extras or meals not mentioned above.