Classic Masada and Dead Sea Day Tour
Tour duration: 1 day
Tour operates: daily
Masada is a rugged natural fortress, of majestic beauty, in the Judaean Desert overlooking the Dead Sea. It is a symbol of the ancient kingdom of Israel, its violent destruction and the last stand of Jewish patriots in the face of the Roman army, in 73 A.D. The Dead Sea is the lowest spot on the face of the earth, and a natural health spa - the Dead Sea is one site you don't want to miss! take an opportunity to swim and float on the Dead sea.Itinerary
Depart via the Judean Hills to the Dead Sea, the lowest place on earth. Drive along the shores of the Dead Sea to Masada. Here you will learn about the heroic story of the Jewish Fighters. Ascend by cable car and tour the mountain fortress built by King Herod, where the Zealots made their last stand against the Romans. Visit the remains of the walls, palaces, synagogue, water cisterns, mosaic floors and Roman baths. Descend by cable car. Continue to the Dead Sea, where you will enjoy the unique opportunity to swim and float in the Dead Sea, which many believe have its therapeutic effects. On the way back, view the Qumran caves, where the Dead Sea scrolls were found.
- Pick up from Tel-Aviv Hotels is approximately between 7:20am-7:40am
- Pick up from Jerusalem Hotels is approximately between 9:00am-9:30am (expect traffic)
- We recommend comfortable walking shoes.
- As per any travel destination-never leave your valuable belongings unattended in tour vehicles or during your tour.
- Good sun protection, swim suits and towls.
Per person from Jerusalem—in a bus.
Per person from Tel Aviv—in a bus.
Per person from Jerusalem—up to 19 passenger group.
Per person from Tel Aviv—up to 19 passenger group.
Prices advertised are land package prices and are per person in U.S. dollars and inclusive of taxes.Included
1. Meet & assistance at your hotel for pick-up
2. Deluxe air-conditioned motor coach bus/van.
3. Professional government certified English speaking Tour Guide.
4. Entrance fees as per Masada and Dead Sea Tour itinerary.
5. One day sightseeing as per program.
6. No added fees for credit card payment.
- The Masada cableway is an aerial tramway at the ancient fortress of Masada.
- Masada a UNESCO World Heritage site- the 1500 feet mountaintop fortress famous for being the last stronghold of the Jewish rebellion against the Romans was built as a palace complex, in the classic style of the early Roman Empire, by Herod the Great, King of Judaea, (reigned 37 – 4 B.C.). The camps, fortifications and attack ramp that encircle the monument constitute the most complete Roman siege works surviving to the present day.
- The Dead Sea - where you’ll have an opportunity to swim and float on the Dead Sea the lowest place on earth.
- Qumran where a cache of ancient biblical texts the Dead Sea Scroll were discovered.
Not included services in our tour rates:
1. Tips to guide/driver and hotel/restaurant staff.
2. Personal extras or meals not mentioned above.