Holy Land Bethlehem and Jericho Day Tour
Tour duration: 1 day
Tour operates: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
Jericho the city may be the oldest continuously occupied city in the world, and where Jesus of Nazareth healed a blind man. Jerusalem is a city of overwhelming emotions, promising a religious and spiritual experience, excitement and pleasure, and an interesting tour in the city chosen by God a place of pilgrimage and worship since the biblical era. The Old City retains many significant religious sites to visit. Bethlehem where Joseph traveled there with Mary whom was pregnant, and where Jesus was born, and visit the Church of the Nativity. The Palestinian city today stretches out from the historic center in all directions.Itinerary
Drive through the judean desert and enjoy a roadside view of the Good Samaritan Inn . After a short stop at sea-level for a panoramic view, continue to Jericho, the oldest city in the world.
Stop to see Zacchaeus Sycamore fig tree and proceed for an overview of Mount of Temptation. Visit the Mount of ancient Jericho where 25 ancient cities were uncovered. (*cable car not included) Proceed to the city of Bethlehem; Visit the Church of the Nativity and Manger's square; Stop for an overview of Shepherds' field and return to Jerusalem.
- Pick up from Tel-Aviv Hotels is approximately between 7:20am-7:40am
- Pick up from Jerusalem Hotels is approximately between 9:00am-9:30am (expect traffic)
- We recommend comfortable walking shoes.
- As per any travel destination-never leave your valuable belongings unattended in tour vehicles or during your tour.
- Modest dress attire (no shorts or sleeveless shirts) for holy places – head covering is required, hats for men and shoulder covering for women.
- Tour for Bethlehem portion passport are required
Per person from Jerusalem—in a bus.
Per person from Tel Aviv—in a bus.
Prices advertised are land package prices and are per person in U.S. dollars and inclusive of taxes.Included
1. Meet & assistance at your hotel for pick-up
2. Deluxe air-conditioned motor coach bus/van.
3. Professional government certified English speaking Tour Guide.
4. Entrance fees as per Bethlehem and Jericho Tour itinerary.
5. One day sightseeing as per program.
6. No added fees for credit card payment.
- Good Samaritan Inn - Located on the main highway between Jerusalem and Jericho, the Inn of the Good Samaritan rests near the site mentioned in the New Testament's parable of the good Samaritan.
- Jericho - The city may be the oldest continuously occupied city in the world, and where Jesus of Nazareth healed a blind man (Mark 10:46), and inspired the local chief tax-collector to repent, and the setting for the Parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25).
- Zacchaeus' sycamore fig in Jericho - is the tree and location where Jesus provides an example of Jesus' personal, earthly mission to bring salvation to the lost. Tax collectors were despised as traitors (working for the Roman Empire, not for their Jewish community), and as being corrupt.
- Mount of Temptation the hill in the Judaean Desert where Jesus was tempted by the devil (Matthew 4:8).
- Bethlehem where Joseph traveled there (Luke 2:1-7) with Mary whom was pregnant, and where Jesus was born (Matthew 2:1-5), and visit the Church of the Nativity possibly the oldest church in the world.
- Shepherds' field - traditionally believed to be the area of the fields of the shepherds. Several churches have been built to commemorate this event. Today you'll find local shepherds still tending their flocks as they did during the days of Jesus birth.
- Manger's square is an important city square in the center of Bethlehem. It takes its name from the manger where Jesus is said to have been born which, the Church of the Nativity, which surrounds the square.
Not included services in our tour rates:
1. Tips to guide/driver and hotel/restaurant staff.
2. Personal extras or meals not mentioned above.