Classic Cappadocia Day Tour
Tour duration: 1 day
Tour operates: daily
Cappadocia a UNESCO World Heritage site with awesome geography where history and nature intertwines has been host to many civilizations throughout the centuries. The unique volcanic landscape of the region took shape as a result of the erosion of the volcanic layers which spread through the area with the eruption of Erciyes, Hasandag and Güllüdag mountains about 60 million years ago.Itinerary
Upon arrival to Kayseri Airport, transfer to Cappadocia and visit the Devrent Valley which is also known as Imaginary or Pink Valley has a lunar landscape and animal shaped rocks. Drive to Pasabag or Monks Valley is located 5 minutes drive from Goreme and has mushroom shaped fairy-chimneys and St. Simon Church. In the afternoon visit Zelve Open Air Museum in Goreme is situated in Nevsehir province, Zelve houses the most number of the world-famous Fairy Chimneys, and where the remains of rock-cut churches and Christian settlements date back hundreds of years. After completion of our tour, transfer back to Kayseri domestic airport.
- Pick up from Izmir Airport depends on your flight schedule however ideally should be from 7:30-9:00 am
- We recommend comfortable walking shoes.
- As per any travel destination-never leave your valuable belongings unattended in tour vehicles or during your tour.
Per person from Cappadocia.
Prices advertised are land package prices and are per person in U.S. dollars and inclusive of taxes. 2 passenger minimum required.Included
1. Transfers: Free escorted transfers- meet & assistance on arrival and departure at Kayseri domestic airport.
2. Air-conditioned motor coach van.
4. Lunch during tour.
5. Professional government certified English speaking Tour Guide.
6. Entrance fees as per Cappadocia Tour itinerary.
7. One day sightseeing as per program.
8. No added fees for credit card payment.
- Cappadocia resembles a fairytale scene set down on the stark Anatolian plains, a true geological oddity of chimney and honeycombed hills with towering boulders and amazing beauty. The otherworldly topography is only matched by the human history in this area with people seeking shelter underground, due to the soft stone in the region. The fresco adorned rock-cut churches of Goreme Open-Air Museum and the subterranean refuges of Derinkuyu and Kaymaklı are the most popular and famous.
- Devrent valley, also known as Imagination valley, is famous for its lunar red color landscape with thickly clustered rock formations. The valley has never been inhabited by humans but has many animal shaped rocks formed by nature. Many commonly seen shapes include a camel, snake, seals, and a dolphin. When you visit you can use your imagination, to find many others, some say there's even a rock pillar which looks like the Virgin Mary holding baby Jesus.
- Zelve Open Air-Museum in Goreme is situated in Nevsehir province, Zelve houses the most number of the world-famous Fairy Chimneys. Zelve is an important Christian center since it is the place where the first religious seminars for priests were held. The site resembles a vast monastic complex composed of scores of refectory monasteries placed side-by-side, each with its own fantastic church.
Not included services in our tour rates:
1. Tips to guide/driver and hotel/restaurant staff.
2. Personal extras or meals not mentioned above.