Classic Istanbul Day Tour
Tour duration: 1 day
Tour operates: daily
Istanbul a world center of great value in the past as well as in the present, Istanbul embraces Asia on the one hand and Europe on the other. Istanbul offers historical peninsula, numerous scenic and historical beauties is a magnificently unique city that has been capital to many civilizations from past to present and still continues to be home to residents from all over the world.Itinerary
A guided tour exploring the ancient city includes Topkapi Palace (closed Tuesday), this large palace was the main residence of Ottoman Sultans, continue to the Saint Sophia Basilica (closed Monday), ancient seat of Byzantine Church, and great architectural beauty and an important monument both for Byzantine and for Ottoman Empires. After we'll visit one of the most beautiful mosque's in the world famous for its tiles and known as The Blue Mosque, after we'll visit the Roman Hippodrome once used for chariot races and a circus that was the sporting and social centre of Constantinople; finally the Grand Bazaar (closed Sunday), one of the largest and oldest covered markets in the world. The Basilica Cistern will be the correspondent tour attraction for any closed site (if any) when touring.
- Pick up from Istanbul Hotels is approximately 9:00am
- We recommend comfortable walking shoes.
- As per any travel destination-never leave your valuable belongings unattended in tour vehicles or during your tour.
- Modest dress attire (no shorts or sleeveless shirts) for holy places – head covering is required, hats for men and shoulder covering for women.
Per person from Istanbul.
Prices advertised are land package prices and are per person in U.S. dollars and inclusive of taxes.Included
1. Meet & assistance at your hotel for pick-up.
2. Air-conditioned motor coach van.
3. Lunch during tour.
4. Professional government certified English speaking Tour Guide.
5. Entrance fees as per Istanbul Tour itinerary.
6. 8 hours sightseeing as per program.
7. No added fees for credit card payment.
- Topkapi Palace, this large palace in Istanbul is located on a domineering point along the Bosphorus- historic peninsula after the conquest of Istanbul, and was the primary residence of the Ottoman slutans for approximately 400 years from 1465 to 1856.
- Hagia Sophia is a great architectural beauty and an important monument both for Byzantine and for Ottoman Empires. A former Greek Orthodox patriarchal basilica, later an imperial mosque, and now a museum in Istanbul.
- Sultan Ahmed Mosque or as it's better known around the world the Blue Mosque is considered among the sacred sites of the Islamic faith, and one of the most beautiful mosques in the world. The shrine of the mosque is covered with tiles.
- The Hippodrome of Constantinople was a circus that was the sporting and social centre of Constantinople, capital of the Byzantine Empire.
- Grand Bazaar in Istanbul is one of the largest and oldest covered markets in the world, with 61 covered streets and over 3,000 shops which attract between 250,000 and 400,000 visitors daily.
- The Basilica Cistern (correspondent visit for any closed site if any during tour), is the largest of several hundred ancient cisterns that lie beneath the city of Istanbul-formerly Constantinople, Turkey. The cistern, located 500 feet southwest of the Hagia Sophia, and built in the 6th century during the reign of Byzantine Emperor Justinian I.
Not included services in our tour rates:
1. Tips to guide/driver and hotel/restaurant staff.
2. Personal extras or meals not mentioned above.