Classic Old Town Istanbul Walking Day Tour
Tour duration: 1 day
Tour operates: daily
With its strategic location Istanbul has been associated with major political, religious and artistic events for more than 2,000 years. Its masterpieces include the Sultan Ahmed Mosque or Blue Mosque, the 6th-century Hagia Sophia, The Hippodrome of Constantinople, these UNESCO World Heritage Sites are located in the Old Town area as well as the Orient Express station and Spice Bazaar.Itinerary
We’ll begin the discovery of old town on this walking tour from The Hippodrome of Constantinople, a sporting and social centre of Constantinople, the capital of the Byzantine Empire. After walk to Sultan Ahmed Mosque or as its better known around the world the Blue Mosque considered among the sacred sites of the Islamic faith, and one of the most beautiful mosques in the world. The shrine of the mosque is covered with tiles. After visit the Hagia Sophia an architectural beauty and an important monument both for Byzantine and for Ottoman Empires. We’ll continue walking the small street of SogukCesme Sok with historic houses in the Sultanahmet neighborhood of Istanbul. After visit a tile work shop and see the world famous Iznik tiles. Continue to Istanbul Sirkeci Terminal, the Orient Express last station and enjoy lunch overlooking the Golden Horn. In the afternoon we’ll walk through the Spice Bazaar, one of the largest bazaars in the city, where you’ll have a chance to buy an old Turkish rug at a caravan inn or other local crafts from the Bazaar’s shops.
- Pick up from Istanbul Hotels is approximately 8:20am-8:45
- We recommend comfortable walking shoes.
- As per any travel destination-never leave your valuable belongings unattended in tour vehicles or during your tour.
- Modest dress attire (no shorts or sleeveless shirts) for holy places – head covering is required, hats for men and shoulder covering for women.
Per person from Istanbul.
Prices advertised are land package prices and are per person in U.S. dollars and inclusive of taxes.Included
1. Meet & assistance at your hotel for pick-up for those staying outside of old town.
2. Lunch during tour.
3. Professional government certified English speaking Tour Guide.
4. 8 hours sightseeing as per program.
5. No added fees for credit card payment.
- The Hippodrome of Constantinople was a circus that was the sporting and social centre of Constantinople, capital of the Byzantine Empire.
- Sultan Ahmed Mosque or as it's better known around the world the Blue Mosque is considered among the sacred sites of the Islamic faith, and one of the most beautiful mosques in the world. The shrine of the mosque is covered with tiles.
- Hagia Sophia is a great architectural beauty and an important monument both for Byzantine and for Ottoman Empires. A former Greek Orthodox patriarchal basilica, later an imperial mosque, and now a museum in Istanbul.
- Sogukceşme Sokagı is a small street with historic houses in the Sultanahmet neighborhood of Istanbul, Turkey, sandwiched in-between the Hagia Sophia and Topkapı Palace.
- Istanbul Sirkeci Terminal built in 1890 by the Oriental Railway as the eastern terminus of the world famous Orient Express, Sirkeci Terminal has become a symbol of the city.
- The Spice Bazaar in Istanbul, Turkey is one of the largest bazaars in the city. Located in the Eminönü quarter of the Fatih district, it is the most famous covered shopping complex after the Grand Bazaar.
Not included services in our tour rates:
1. Tips to guide/driver and hotel/restaurant staff.
2. Personal extras or meals not mentioned above.